Authentication (authn) refers to the process of verifying a user's identity.
Authorization (authz) refers to the process of determining what a actions a user undertake and what resources they can access.
The IMS Platform Authnz service implements the OAuth 2.0 and OIDC authorization frameworks.
For those familiar with OAuth and OIDC the relevant information follows:
- Authorize endpoint: https://platform-auth.improbable.io/auth/v1/authorize
- Token endpoint: https://platform-auth.improbable.io/auth/v1/token
- Available authorize flows:
- Authorization Code
- Authorization Code with PKCE extension
- For generating OAuth Clients refer to the IMS Admin documentation.
- For information on IMS Permissions and Scopes refer to the IMS Permissions and Scopes guide.
For those unfamiliar with OAuth and OIDC, start with the OAuth and OIDC guide.